Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: A few questions..

From: hall%beta.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM (DAN HALL)
Date: Tuesday, 18 Mar 1986 07:44:54-PST
Subject: re: A few questions..

>Really-From: Serling%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU  (Living in the Twilight
>Zone <Serling%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>)

>2) I've taken to Shriekback the minute I picked up their latest album.
>
>   I am also aware of the existance of a completely different version of
>   Jam Science, which came about due to producer problems. Can anyone
>   give me some history of he band, and perhaps fill in anything I'm not
>   aware of?

>                                         Mitch

Shriekback started as a trio made up of Barry Andrews (formerly of XTC and the
League of Gentlemen), Dave Allen (formerly of Gang of Four), and Carl Marsh
(formerly of Out On Blue Six).

Where did you hear about _TENCH_?  That's news to me - I've never heard of that
album (I thought _CARE_ was the first).  Couple other things....Nemesis b/w
Suck (live) is the double EP, with the second disk being a live version of
Mothloop, and Feelers.  Fish Below The Ice (the Plankton Enriched Mix) is b/w
Coelacanth.  The other version of _Jam Science_ (b+w cover, with a screw on it)
was released by Y Records without Shriekback's permission, but I don't know
what the problem was.  It only has about 8 tunes on it, but two or three of
them aren't on the Arista version of _Jam Science_.

Here's a few EPs you didn't list;

1. Hand On My Heart (remixes)
       Jumping on the Ribcage (with the digital Rasta)
       Nerve
       Cloud of Nails (Pump up a storm)
       Mistah Linn - He Dead

2.  Hand on my Heart b/w Suck, + Nerve  (also available as picture disc)

3.  Working on the Ground b/w Nightwork

The one from _Care_ whose name escaped you was probably Lined Up - My Spine (has
a photo of a sidewinder on it).  Also a pic disc of this.

There's yet another version of Suck on Debut #3, a music magazine and LP.

The six track mini is called Knowledge, Power, Truth and Sex.

The domestic and import of _Care_ differs by a few tunes.

Enjoy the music!

-Dan

"This is as much as I know, this is all they told me"
                                                   --Only Thing That Shines
                                                     _OIL AND GOLD_