Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Buttholes, continued and concluded

From: Hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 86 17:38:02 EST
Subject: Buttholes, continued and concluded

When we last left the hapless interviewer with those madcap Butthole
Surfers ... gibby likened their sound with wipe-abilly ...

Interviewer:  You mean there's a rockabilly element to your
music?

Gibby:  No there's more a grunt element

Paul:  We're like an extended bad TV commercial

Interviewer:  Is it the kind of music that comes out and hits you
	over the head?

Gibby:  No, it's the kind of music that comes out and plays with your
	sister.

Interviewer:  Do you play the blues?

Paul:  It's all the blues; well sort of the browns.