Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sonic Youth/Couch Flambeau

From: Hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 86 12:20:31 EST
Subject: Sonic Youth/Couch Flambeau

	Date: Thu, 13 Mar 86 23:54:37 EST
	From: hsut@ec.purdue.edu (Tsun-Yuk Hsu)
	Subject: Re: Sonic Youth

	I don't think Sonic Youth sounds much like early hardcore, but
	what do I  know about early hardcore...

				 Bill Hsu

Like I said, the same rawness and intensity is present not the same sound.
Just wanted to clarify that.

Private to Bill:  Your system responds to my messages to you with (and
I quoteth): "I don't want to talk to you" ... why?  Your private missive
about Couch Flambeau was answered with a "buy the `new' album - The Day
the Music Died if you like P O W E R  music  ... if Pete Townsend ever
got hit on the head and his memory returned he'd probably want to be
backed up by a band like the Couch ...

				Keep your cool and follow the rules,

					Jim