Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Goanna, love-hounds morale, weird girls in Philly

From: think!harvard!bu-cs!sam
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 86 11:46:16 EST
Subject: Goanna, love-hounds morale, weird girls in Philly

>I'd like to see what you all look like
>to see if you look as strange as you talk. And if you look normal (by
>normal, I mean, pretty much like everyone else, not like the girl I saw
>in Philly with half her head shaved and crosses painted on her scalp
>in red nailpolish, and a white mouse in her over-sized coat pocket)

Wait a cotton-pickin' second...that girl in Philly was ME...!
-------------------------------------

Musical question(s) of the day:

  I once saw somebody here list Goanna: Spirit of Place as one of
their 10 albums to take to a desert island. (I listed it too, but I
couldn't remember the name of the album, just the group...)  Is that
person still out there?  Do you, or anybody else know anything else
about Goanna?  Did they ever release anything else after Spirit of
Place?  Does anybody else like this Aussie music?  How about Moving
Pictures?  They could be the Australian version of Loverboy.  Or
Midnight Oil...the Aussie Def Leppard (sp?).  Can anybody recommend
anything to me more of the Goanna genre?  Moving Pictures was nice
to listen to...once or twice, but I'm curious about other local-type
things.  I have mucho friends in Australia, and if I knew what to ask
for I could get them to send them to me...
--------------------------------------

BY THE WAY...I'm so glad this obscenity fight is officially over.
As the youngest (assumedly) person here (my virgin ears!), I just
want to say that *I* was never offended.....

But now that it's over...maybe we could do something to increase
love-hounds morale!!  Let's see, the possibilities are endless.
We could start another poll...or maybe play a nifty prank on
net.music.kate-haters.  Wait...I've got it...how many people here
are from the Boston area?  I think pretty many... let's have a
*party*...I vote for Doug's apartment because it's appropriately
decorated.  :-)

And you folks in D.C. could do the same thing on the same night...
it'd be like the Guideposts prayer hour...(well, maybe not exACTly..)

"It's a one time thing
   it just happens
       a lot"

   --Shelli