Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Obscenity.

From: Bob Knight <KNIGHT@SRI-NIC.ARPA>
Date: Thu 13 Mar 86 15:53:14-PST
Subject: Obscenity.

I think it's pretty damned obscene to flame on a music mailing list.
That's why net.music got the big u from me a while back (after I posted an
appropriately obscene message.  Didn't even get flamed for it privately,
which tells me it WAS appropriate and might have even come close to its
target).

At any rate, can we can the argument?  Those of us who are sleazeballs
are gonna remain so, and those of us who get offended at sleazeballs'
language habits are gonna remain offended.  Me, my give-a-shitter's broke.

On to something I've been meaning to post for awhile.  Just got the Sandy
Denny boxed set Who Knows Where The Time Goes.  Four records of amazing
stuff.  Absolutely must've been a labor of love by Trevor Lucas (her
husband), Richard Thompson, etc.  I damn near cried listening to all this
neat stuff and reading the lyrics and looking at the pictures.

Now I gotta admit I'm a big Sandy Denny fan.  Have been for years.  But I
think this is one fine introduction to her music for someone who isn't
familiar with it, and well worth the $20 I laid out for it.  Check it out.
It's great music, even if it is "folkie shit"...

Bob
-------