Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Flamming Lipps

From: jordan@ucbarpa.berkeley.edu (Jordan Hayes)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 86 13:15:20 PST
Subject: Re: Flamming Lipps

I saw them here in Berkeley over xmas -- they opened for Wall of BooBoo.
Pretty fun guys ... I hear they've put on MUCH better shows, but they
wound up doing some 60's and 70's "hits", and even an impromptu Doors
track that 'split-muh-seams' ... The lead singer was on the edge
of lyrangitis (sp?) and remarked "If this voice goes, then
we're just gonna hafta do some shitty instrumentals, so WATCH OUT" ...

/jordan