Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

On tap for February 22 at 1:00 AM is an interview with Kate Bush...
(on the USA Network's Night Flight program.)

Also, "HoL" made it to #18 on the CMJ Radio Top 100 of 1985, and #18 on the
College Radio Top 100.  CMJ readers voted "HoL" the #9 album of the year
(R.E.M.'s "Fables of the Reconstruction" topped the list); KB was voted the
#1 female vocalist too.  For those of you who missed (or forgot) my earlier
posting on CMJ, that's short for College Media Journal, and it compiles
charts from college stations all over the country.  It's a pretty boring
read unless you're really into charts, and I mean LOTS of 'em!  A sample--
here are the top ten college albums for this week.

1. Hoodoo Gurus "Mars Needs Guitars"
2. The Cult "Love"
3. Alarm "Strength"
4. Replacements "Tim"
5. Long Ryders "State of our Union"
6. Echo and the Bunnymen "Bring On The Dancing Horses" 12"
7. Minutemen "Three Way Tie For Last"
8. Golden Palominos "Visions of Excess"
9. Blow Monkeys  EP
10. INXS "Listen Like Thieves"

A pretty dull roster, if you ask me.  Only one of the above would count as
one of my big faves.

sue