Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

kb on tv gb, desert island disks, NTNON, backwards messages

From: COBLEY A (on DUNDEE DEC-10) <A.Cobley%dundee.ac.uk@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Wednesday, 12-Feb-86 14:02:47-GMT
Subject: kb on tv gb, desert island disks, NTNON, backwards messages

--------

first kate on British tv.

monday night saw the annual british music industry awards on the bbc 1 channel
, Kate got three nominations, best video, best single, and best female singer

BUT she didn't win any of them, (i'm not surprissed, shes much too independant
for this sort of award)  For a concilation prise she did get to ding the
new single HOUNDS OF LOVE so at least that should boost the sales.

sorry I dont have this on video as i was away on a course watching in a hotel
room

SECOND

desert island disks.
on the way to said course i had the misfortune to sit on a train for
seven hours which in England is much the same  as a desert island,
here's what i listened to ( which since my tastes change would be different
in six months time. sorry some are older than 1977 but what the hell no one
else would vote for them so i'll have to)

1: HAWKWIND  CRONICLES OF THE BLACK SWORD.
	I listened to this so that i could listen to the other side of the
	tape with out fast forwarding and running down the bateries (sp)
	which was

2: SHOCK TREATMENT the ssound track.
	From the film by Richard O'BRIEN just the songs
	this put me in the mood for

3: THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW AUDIENCE PARTICI -- PATION ALBUM
	great fun whatching people trying to work out what you are
	listening to.
	then some trendy bastard got on and sat down next to me so i
	listened to the next two really loud.

4: HAWKWIND  QUARK STRANGNESS AND CHARM
5: HAWKWIND  WARRIOR ON THE EDGE OF TIME.
	time to slow down (the trendy had gone)
6: KATE BUSH  HOUNDS OF LOVE.
	best album of this year and last and last (and so on till you get
	to the year that rocky horror or hawkwinds space ritual where
	released)
	time to liven it up as we reach jouneys end.
7: INNER CITY UNIT  THE PRESIDENTS TAPES.
	wonderfull rock and roll almost rockerbilly.

then that was it.

THIRD
	doug the title of the show was NOT THE NINE OCLOCK NEWS
	not not the six oclock news.(it was shown at nine oclock
	so as to coincide was the nine oclock news).The named track
	may be available on a bbc record called HEDGEHOG SANDWHICH.

FORTH
	thinks: re backwards messages

	Why not look for good (or christian ) messages in music, lets see
	if we can come up with any in really heavy music that will show
the christain bregade that it is just subbjective.(of course if we cant
find any then we will have to conclude that the devil did put the
messages there wont we ???)

			love and peace

			andy
cobley%dundee.micro%dundee@ucl-cs