Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

time for hofmann to ramble ...

From: Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 86 9:09:49 EST
Subject: time for hofmann to ramble ...

first off, at the husker du concert - they did do a 15 minute
encore of reoccuring dreams (though it was pretty remote from
the lp version) - I was bored and left - did they finally do
hate paper doll and divide and conquer as I was waiting for that?
Tim?  Jim cracked his kneecap at that show, so I guess there won't
be too much dancing for me in awhile ...
--------
Just when I thought I hated videos I saw this really cool one
between acts at the 9:30 - it's entitled "tainted love" by coil
and is a cover of that soft cell top 40 hit of a while back ...
coil does it r--e--a--l s--l--o--w and the video isn't nuthin to
laugh about ...
---------
I saw H.R. (former bad brainster) down in baltimore on saturday.
he has an album out on his own label, olive tree.  If you see him
in town, I would say go see.  H.R. has one of the finest set of
vocal chords in the dc area - he can really belt them out.  The
set ranged from some bad brains oldies, funky stuff, go-go tunes,
a little reggae and rock and finally some slow, r&bish jazz.  Don't
write this guy off just because he left the brains ... his band
features two members from Outrage, that hot go-go band from d.c.
--------
well, enough said