Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

ramblings...

From: hsut@ec.purdue.edu (Tsun-Yuk Hsu)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 86 12:07:08 EST
Subject: ramblings...

A brief respite from moving out of the office, hacking and applying to
grad schools (blecch)...

I guess I'll take back some of the nasty things I've said about Spin.
This issue they have a Robyn Hitchcock interview; any rag with a Robyn
Hitchcock interview can't be all bad. Only three pages tho, and that's
with humongous photos of Robyn. I wanted something resembling the
multi-page ramblings of Sting and Pete Townsend (also in this ish),
but I guess Robyn Hitchcock is not really a *STAR* yet. Maybe he'll
sell more records after this exposure.

Brazil came to town last weekend, just when I had given up on any good
new movies coming here. It's like Orwell's 1984 on drugs, one of the
most interesting movies I've seen since Liquid Sky. If either Brazil
or Liquid Sky come into your area, see them AT ALL COSTS!!

Sounds like Tim's really into the romantic poets. I enjoy some Keats,
but I have a low tolerance for romantic verse. I guess that's the price
I pay for being brought up :-) :-) on modern stuff like T.S. Elliot.
Anyone into Marilyn Hacker? She was married to science fiction writer
Samuel Delany and writes brilliant, spare poetry that's alternately
inspiring and painful to read. Definitely worth checking into if you're
into 20th century verse.

Bill Hsu