Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I'm back!

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 86 00:21:58 est
Subject: Re: I'm back!

> [Henry Chai:] There's one thing I had in mind for a while: the "Kate
> Who?" syndrome seems not as serious as it is purported to be, as I
> gathered from readings, at least here in T.O. (Toronto, Ontario).

No one ever said it was *that* bad in Canada, did they?  I mean they
released "Lionheart" and "Never for Ever" in Canada.  In the U.S., they
were only readily available as Canadian imports.  Her albums charted in
Canada, unlike the U.S.  They released lots of her singles in Canada.
Here, RuTH is the first single released since "The Man With The Child In
His Eyes".  HoL went platinum in Canada as quickly as it did in England
(less than two months).

				Your KB historian,

				Doug