Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I'm back!

From: H. Chai <ihnp4!utcsri!utflis!chai>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 86 10:59:48 est
Subject: I'm back!

Well, due to make shift arrangements our machine can still mail to
and get mail from outside machines for the time being.  The future
is yet unclear. (isn't it always ? :-)

There's one thing I had in mind for a while: the "Kate Who?" syndrome
seems not as serious as it is purported to be, as I gathered from
readings, at least here in T.O. (Toronto, Ontario).  Several people
I've spoken to heard of KB, though they are not fans.  During one
conversation, one person said he just got _The Kick Inside_ during
Boxing  Day Sale, another said he's got the album from a long time ago,
and a third said, "Is that the one with the Heathcliff song?".  (The
start of this conversation was due to my being seen with the HoL
sweatshirt..) I had asked Doug to sent me a copy of the interview to
someone else on campus during the "no-more-mail" scare.  When that
person told me he's got it, I asked if he has any opinions on KB, and
he said, "I like her!".  Though he has none of her albums (he confesses
that he doesn't like buying albums or tapes), he said he heard her
songs long before she became famous...

BTW, during Boxing Day sale, I saw one record store offer HoL for
$3.99, along with Tina Turner's and Bruce Springsteen's (sp?) albums.
Another store even offer it for $2.99! Now is that a good sign or
a bad sign? :-)

-henry