Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Replying to everything

From: allynh%miro@BERKELEY.EDU (Allyn Hardyck)
Date: 24 Jan 86 23:09:52 PST (Fri)
Subject: Replying to everything

Oh - another video at the Henry I forgot earlier:  "Nothing" by Flipper.

The ZTT weirdness is also true at Some Bizzare, where you have Virginia
Astley and Marc Almond alongside Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel and Psychic
TV.

_Brazil_ is great - Gilliam's a wacky guy in person.
(Guess this isn't too relevant.)

I have had maybe 3 hrs. total alone with my copy of _PsychoCandy_ since I
bought it last week - it's apparently the only copy in the building.

More about "Cities in Dust" (opinions, etc.) please - one of my local
opinion sources sez "it sucks but at least their previous records are
still worth listening to".

hof - nothing else to do waiting to board the plane, not enough time to
get into a book, you can't use the radio on the plane and there are sure
to be some good stations in that city so flip, flip, sure enough, on the
left side of the dial, they played some Swell Maps too.  Also on that
vacation up in Madison the late night "Crosscurrents" show on WORT went
an hour later than usual and played "Whip Blow" from the new Cabaret
Voltaire which I subsequently picked up.  And BLEAH I say to the 12"
of "Subculture"!  And FEH!  And PUY!

Scum SF cops closed down the Mabuhay before the Wednesday Buttholes show
even started!  "Fire hazard, overcrowding", etc.  Hundreds waiting around
for refunds...  Red Hot Chili Peppers same night at Berk. Sq. but it was
pouring rain and no one had a car...

Social director at Barrington trying to get the Cramps for party later the
semester.  Right.  Looks like we'll definitely get the Morlocks though.

Yes, Rough Trade is an actual store - 326 6th st. sf.  sorta small and
expensive, lot of video stuff.  Paradise records in madison is clearly
patterned on it and I'm guessing your favorite store where YOU -> live too.

allyn