Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Interview comments, poetry, etc.

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 86 08:34:45 est
Subject: Interview comments, poetry, etc.

> [James Jones:] Many thanks, Doug, for an interesting interview...

Hey, any time!  My pleasure.

> a job I would simultaneously envy and dread.  (I dare say I would
> start and end with "Duh..." shortly before melting messily on the
> hotel room carpet.)

Well, fortunately I had all my questions written out on 42 neat little
index cards (of which I made it through 13 or so).  Otherwise, I would
have just sat there with a glazed look on my face, or something.  I
wasted five or ten minutes before I remembered that I was supposed to be
doing an interview and started to record, being nervous and acting
neurotic...  (And wondering why her make-up looked so strange...  But
then when I went to England, many of the women were wearing the same
strange style of make-up...  And I went into a store, yesterday, and the
cashier was wearing that same unusual style of make-up -- and guess
what?  She had a British accent.)

> [Dave Fetrow:] Thanks for putting the interview up! Especial thanks
> for keeping it honest; most interviews read nothing like they sounded;
> yours read "real".

How do you know it didn't in actuality sound totally unreal, and I
doctored it up to sound real?  Just a thought....

> Yes! I expect most of us would like to see some of Paddy Bush's poetry
> but please check to make sure he knows it will be spread around,
> copyright, etc.

Actually, it's John Bush's poetry.  He's a published poet, so I imagine
he's not too shy about it.

Oh, you know there's a KB biog that has in it poetry Kate wrote while
still in school for the school journal.  Anyone want to see that?

> Speaking of which, is the Kate Interview non-distributable or
> distributeable if your name is on it or what? It is, after all, your
> property.

Yeah, sure.  Just don't sell it for profit, or anything.

			"Oh England my lionheart
			 I don't want to go"

			 Doug