Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Semi-Compleate Lyrics to Waking The Witch

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 86 09:35:47 est
Subject: The Semi-Compleate Lyrics to Waking The Witch

> From Dave Fetrow:

>  On "Waking the Witch" my recording (which was in the tape machine at
> work while reading this) it is definitely: "Bless me father, Bless me
> father for I have sinned --- UH". However it also sounds a bit spliced
> up, so maybe that wasn't the original.

I meant the part right after that.  Here's that section a little more
acurrately, as I hear it:

	PRIEST: What child?  What Child?
	KATE: Bless me father, bless me father, for I have sinned -- UH!
	Simultaneously:
		KATE: Help me.  Listen to me, listen to me, listen to me
			come, baby -- UH!
		KATE: Red, red roses.
	Simultaneously:
		KATE: Help me, baby.  Talk too!
		KATE: Red, red roses
	JUDGE: I question your innocence.

Here's all the lyrics for the whole song as best as I can make them out.
If anyone has any different ideas about what's being said, please tell
me:

	VOICES: Wake up.
		A good morning m'am.  This is your early morning call.
			(Trivia note:  the above line was said by Paddy
			 talking through a phone.)
		You must wake up.
		Wake up.
		Wake up, man.
		Wake up, child.  Pay attention.
		Come on, wake up, my love.
		Wake up, love.
		They should make the night, but see your little light's
			a lie.
	   	[Simultaneously:]
			MAN: Sunday at nine and you're sleeping in bed?
				Get up!
			KATE: Your ma needs a shower.  Get out of bed.
		CHORUS: Little light.
		MAN: Can you not see that little light up there?
		KATE: Where?
		MAN: There!
		KATE: Where?
		Over here.
		You still in bed?
		Wake up sleepy head.
		The heirs of the water are trying to get out.
		We are water in the holy land of water.
		Don't you know you've kept we waiting!
		Look who's here to see you!

	KATE: Wake, wake up. Wake up. Wake up, baby. Wake up. Wake up.
		Wake, wake up dear.
	JUDGE: You won't burn.
	KATE: Red, red roses.
	JUDGE: You won't bleed.
	KATE: Pinks and posies.
	JUDGE: Confess to me girl.
	KATE: Red, red roses go down.
	KATE: [Indecipherable]
	JUDGE: Poor...
	KATE: Red, red roses.
	JUDGE: ... blackbird.
	KATE: Pinks and posies.
	JUDGE: Wings in the water.
	KATE: Red, red roses.
	BOTH: Go down.
	KATE: Pinks and posies.
	KATE: [Indecipherable.]
	PRIEST: What child?  What Child?
	KATE: Bless me father, bless me father, for I have sinned -- UH!
	Simultaneously:
		KATE: Help me.  Listen to me, listen to me, listen to me
			come, baby -- UH!
		KATE: Red, red roses.
	Simultaneously:
		KATE: Help me, baby.  Talk too!
		KATE: Red, red roses.
	JUDGE: I question your innocence.
	KATE: This blackbird -- there's a stone around my leg.
	JUDGE: Hah!  Damn you woman!  UH!  Hah!
	KATE: This blackbird -- there's a stone around my leg.
	JUDGE: What say you, good people?
	GOOD PEOPLE: Guilty!  Guilty!  Guilty!
	KATE: This blackbird.
	JUDGE: I am responsible for your actions.
	KATE: Auuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
	JUDGE: UH!  Hmm!  Ha, ha, ha.  Kill thee.  Burn!
	KATE: Help this blackbird.
	VOICE: Let go of the way.
	VOICE IN HELICOPTER: Get out of the waves.  Get out of the
		water.

-Doug