Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cloudbusting EP

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 86 23:58:03 est
Subject: Re: Cloudbusting EP

> [Laura Clifford:] I really like the cover photography, which I assume
> is from the "Cloudbusting" video -- has anyone seen this yet on MTV or
> V66?

The cover photo is indeed from the video (though there isn't any
solarization in the video).  They have shown it on Empty-V, but not very
often, that I've heard.  Empty-V is also now showing the real video for
RUTH (at least the last time I saw it, it was the real video), but
they've taken it out of their rotation, so it's probably not being seen
very much anymore.

> If so, when's a good time to catch it ["Cloudbusting"]?  Do they
> announce when they're airing it, as they did for Bowie's 20-minute
> "Blue Jean"?

They did have some announcements for it ahead of time, I am told.  They
premiered it with Kate there and they talked to her before and after
showing the video.  (It was recorded previously, though.)

> Oh yuh - my "Cloudbusting" EP is double labelled on one side - isn't
> this a collector's item?

I dunno.  I'm not sure if records are like stamps.  I don't think it is.

			"Just saying it, could even make it happen"

			 Doug