Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: umcp-cs!aplcen!uucp@seismo.CSS.GOV
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 85 14:14:11 EST

>From ins_aset@jhunix Wed Dec  4 10:17:15 1985 remote from jhunix
Date:     Wed, 4 Dec 85 10:17:12 EST
From:     Susanne E Trowbridge <ins_aset@jhunix>
Subject:  <*><*><*>

Bad morning everyone...(I have a final exam in 55 min. in GERMAN, my
worst ever class!)

Jim, your comments about J.D. were quite funny, I'm sure he'll get a
laugh from 'em (he gets some sort of perverse pleasure from reading
his hate mail, I think).  Yes, Dave Marsh is a very good friend of his.
And J.D. is really a very nice guy; he's given me a lot of encouragement
and constructive criticism about my writing.

How in the world have you been able to read my articles in the City
Paper?  The very first one is due to be published TODAY!  Do you get
advance copies or something?  (To non-Balto.-DC readers, the City Paper
is a free weekly that is best known for publishing those sublime comic
strips, Life in Hell and Lynda J. Barry's cartoon.  Also lots of movie,
music, restaurant reviews etc.)

THE THE- WONDERFUL!!!!  Any The The fans out there should also pick up
the new Some Bizzare comp, "If You Can't Please Yourself You Can't Please
Your Soul."  It features a new The The track as well as Scraping Foetus
Off The Wheel (any Foetus fans out there?), Cabaret Voltaire, Marc
Almond, and many more.  I can post more detailed info if anyone wants it.

MARTHA AND THE MUFFINS - yeah!  I luv "Metro Music" and "Danseparc"...
their 2nd LP ("Trance & Dance," I think) is pretty good too.  Their latest
LP (as "M+M"), "Mystery Walk," was something of a disappointment.

Oh yeah- did I forget to tell you that Peter Gabriel's LP isn't due out
'til March 3rd?  :-(  so much for the Bush/Gabriel connection...

Cheers,

Sue

PS. Have any of you heard The Jesus & Mary Chain?  They are *very* hot
in England.  I know people who love them and people who think they're
wildly overrated.  In any case, I'm going to see them Sunday night in DC.
They make very loud feedback-y music, for the most part, and have a new
LP out called "Psycho Candy."