Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The THE ???

From: Bob Knight <KNIGHT@SRI-NIC.ARPA>
Date: Mon 2 Dec 85 21:20:39-PST
Subject: Re: The THE ???

Correct me if I'm wrong, puleeze.  The The is the brainchild of Matt
Johnson, who has previously recorded under his moniker.  Very angsty stuff,
with its share of hooks and wonderfulness.  Don't get me wrong, I most
certainly like it.

A by no means complete discography:

	o  Matt Johnson - Burning Blue Soul (1981)
	o  The The - Uncertain Smile EP (1984)
	o  The The - Soul Mining (1984)

I have the latter two efforts, and they are most certainly worth the price
of admission.

I'd supply more information, but my record collection is (sigh) boxed since
we're in the throes of moving (Lord, it's been two months now), and I'd have
to raid the boxes - which I've been doing regularly, but that's another story.

On another subject, I'm totally taken with Marti Jones' "uNsOpHiStIcAtEd TiMe".
Beautiful album, with much promise for the future.  Anyone out there familiar
with her work other than this and the Color Me Gone EP?  I'd sure like to snarf
some more of that beautiful voice!

"If I could walk away from him, I'd run away with you"

Bob
-------