Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Questions etc. (Does anyone read this line anyway?)

From: hsut@purdue-ecn.ARPA (Tsun-Yuk Hsu)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 85 11:46:03 EST
Subject: Questions etc. (Does anyone read this line anyway?)

	I first heard Eberhard Weber play bass on Kate Bush's albums
and am interested in getting some of his solo albums. Any Weber fans
out there care to recommend something to start with? There's only
a small selection in the area (I think one of them is Yellow fields or sth.)

	Another musician I've been wanting to try for a while is Captain
Beefheart. Again, the question is what's a good album to start with?

	Any love-hounders into the Paisley Underground? I have Hollywood
Holiday by True West, which I found interesting here and there, but
not terribly exciting. I also have Dream Syndicate's live EP, which was
kind of blah, but will probably give them another chance and get Days of
Wine and Roses (I'm a sucker for bands that have been compared to
Velvet Underground).

					Bill Hsu
					pur-ee!hsut