Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: umcp-cs!aplcen!uucp@seismo.CSS.GOV
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 85 14:05:10 EST

>From ins_aset@jhunix Thu Nov  7 12:34:15 1985 remote from jhunix
Date:     Thu, 7 Nov 85 12:34:07 EST
From:     Susanne E Trowbridge <ins_aset@jhunix>
Subject:  colourbox

I have Colourbox's self-titled LP (came out in August, I believe) and
I like it a lot.  It's incredibly DIVERSE - there's soul (a cover of
The Supremes' "You Keep Me Hanging On"), pop-funk ("Inside Informer"),
a 50's style slow-dance ballad ("The Moon Is Blue"), not to mention
all-out techno-dance music and a lovely piece for solo piano...in
other words, describing the Colourbox "sound" is nearly impossible!
My copy came with a free album which has some more experimental stuff
on it, different versions of LP tracks, and a B-side or two.

"Fast Dump," by the way, is hardly representative of Colourbox.  Most
of their tracks feature their female vocalist.

Doug, I read your net.music posting about Kate's charity benefit for
the prince's trust fund in which her blouse strap broke.  Isn't it nice
to know that anyone can have an embarrassing moment and come through
it okay!  If that had happened to me, though, I think I would become a
hermit.  Has Kate ever referred to the incident in any interviews she's
done, i.e. how she felt about being uncovered in front of the Prince?

-Sue

"You can't chop down a symme-tree!"