Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: umcp-cs!aplcen!uucp@seismo.CSS.GOV
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 85 00:21:33 EST

>From ins_aset@jhunix Thu Nov  7 15:00:41 1985 remote from jhunix
Date:     Thu, 7 Nov 85 15:00:29 EST
From:     Susanne E Trowbridge <ins_aset@jhunix>
Subject:  re: Kate #1 at WJHU

numbers just 'cause I like her music so much???

No, I am happy to report, nearly every DJ on WJHU is a KB fan!!! "Hounds"
got played over and over during its first couple weeks of release...it's
since slipped to #3, though, behind Cabaret Voltaire and The Fall.  (So
much good music coming out!!!)  I try to make my playlists as honest as
possible.  However, there is a lot of pressure on me from the record
company reps that call me every week, and sometimes they badger me about
some record that is really stiffing on WJHU (ie. the new Alarm record,
Jane Wiedlin, etc.).  Some music directors lie and make up their charts
according to what the reps want to hear.  I will tell a rep that their
record is doing well even if it isn't (I don't like it when they yell
at me!) but I try to avoid faking the playlist.

Sorry if I've bored you all - I realize that the music director biz is
not particularly exciting to the world at large, but since Doug asked the
question in the love-hounds forum, I thought I'd answer it there.

-Sue

"Hey Mark - you're spoiling all the paint work!"