Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: whizzo (David Hardy)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 85 10:19:45 est

RE: Kate Bush promotions and Colourbox

Well, this one about takes the cake so far, I think:

On Sunday night WBCN FM, the local "album rock"? station, did a promotion
giving away running shoes, in honor of RUTH and KB's new album, because "we
want YOU to keep running up that hill" or some such.  What can you say???

I have a couple of EP's by the band Colourbox.  They did a thing called
'Tarantula' a couple of years back, which if I remember right was a somewhat
drawn out but pleasant mellowish electronic thing.  The version I heard on the
radio at that time I thought was unfortunately much better than what came out
on the EP.  The same was true for another band of that era, "Combo Audio".
There was a great version of their song "Romanticide" on the radio, but when
I finally found it on a record here in Boston it was greatly remixed and lost
a lot in the process.  (Both of these I heard on the radio on WAER in Syracuse
NY, the station that truly alternative radio died with when they changed to a
jazz/news format).

But I digress; back to Colourbox:

More recently I picked up another EP by them with a song called "fast dump" and
something else I can't remember right off.  I was less than impressed.  Sounded
like the kind of thing you'd hear at a dance club if it were ever to become
popular (which it didn't, at least not yet).  I can't remember what was on the
other side but I think it was similar.

                                             >>> Dave
"I just know that something good is going to happen"
Disclaimer: The above information on Colourbox may or may not be accurate.  It's
early on a rainy day and I just crawled out of bed and dragged myself off to
work.