Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: David M. Hardy <HAADAV@MITVMA>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 85 10:17 EST

> From: "James J. Lippard" <Lippard@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA>
>   Tiefer.  Tiefer.  Irgendwo in ?? Tiefe gibt es ein Licht.

> The ??  sounds like "nah" or "ah", there should be an article there
>(Tiefe is feminine, so I would expect a "der", but that's definitely...

If Tiefe is feminine, wouldn't you expect a "die" ??  I always thought
"der" was masculine.  Doesn't really help with the "nah" or "ah" but...

> From: Laura Frank Clifford <lcliffor@bbnccm.ARPA>
> ... really quite good (The Joy Circuit, Are Friends Electric

Oops, I forgot to add something to my "worst" list.  To be honest I don't
know enough about Gary Numan to rate him one way or another, but if
"Cars" and "Are Friends Electric" are anything to go by, I might have to
do so.  "Electric" is one of the world's most horrible songs.  I'm not
sure just why, but it makes me run to the radio and change the station
whenever it comes on.  There are only a few other songs that make me
want to do this.  It's just a feeling I get, I guess.... :-)

> KATE BUSH
> *HOUNDS OF LOVE*
> EMI AMERICA

>   Kate Bush lets her imagination run
> wild on this fascinating but flawed al-
> bum.

This struck me as rather odd the first time I read this review.  The
rest of the review is relatively complimentary, but the "flaws" are not
mentioned.  Sounds like he was more 'fascinated' than concerned with
any alleged 'flaws.'

> From: allegra!ihnp4!jerpc.PE.UUCP
> It's not breaking plates in "Mother Stands for Comfort," is it?
> Why do you think that?  I thought it was about adolescent-types
> living in a "golden ghetto," ...

What's a "golden ghetto"?  I've heard of various types of ghettos before
but never a golden one.

> (Presently as I am writing this I am listening to the Piltdown
> Man singing on "Tubular Bells".  Now, *that* is good music :-).)

Who's the Piltdown Man?  Is that a band or an individual?  Must be
interesting to hear a vocal version of Tubular Bells...
Acknowledge-To: David M. Hardy <HAADAV@MITVMA>