Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I don't dislike Yes ...

From: allegra!ihnp4!jerpc.PE.UUCP
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 85 04:34:14 est
Subject: Re: I don't dislike Yes ...

> Really-From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
>
> Jer, methinks you have the wrong person.  I never said I thought
> Yes was/is one of the worst groups ever.  I think you are confusing
> me with someone else.  In fact, one of my projects while I was taking
> drum lessons was to transcribe the 4th side percussion ensemble part
> of Topographics Oceans and i found it to be an intricate piece of music.
>
> Jim

Oh, I'm sorry, I think you're right... the person I have you
confused with wasn't at AMSAA, I'm fairly sure... you know the
one I mean... the person who listed yes about 20 times in the
list of groups he didn't like ('ello out there, whoever you
are!)  I don't know how I got the names confused, but then, I
don't know who it was!  Sorry about that...

(Is the part you transcribed the part that has a sort of
scouring sound in the background through most of it?  I like
that part... I always wondered how they made that sound.)