Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tod, Amusing annecdotes in KB folklore #1, etc.

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 85 06:22:39 est
Subject: Tod, Amusing annecdotes in KB folklore #1, etc.

> From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>

>                       10 MOST-HATED BANDS

> 3.  HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS

Darn, I forgot to put them on my list!

> 5.  TODD RUNGREN (sp?) - I hate Todd.  He makes me nauseous.

Gee, I better not show this to the guy I know who paid $200 for a Tod
Rundgren album because it was on colored vinyl....  (I thought I was
being extravagent when I paid $20 for "The Kick Inside" picture disk...)
I kind of like Tod every now and then.  Or at least I find him
inoffensive.  I only have one Tod Rundgren album "Tod Rundgren's
Utopia".  I like it a lot.  I think I'll go listen to it again.  A lot
of his other stuff that I've heard does seem awfully sappy, though, if
you ask me.

> Todd produced Patti Smiths last album and she never recorded again.

Gee, I think that "Wave" is her best album.  (That is her last one,
isn't it?)

> 6.  NEW ORDER

Oooh.  You're going to upset cv!

> 9.  LIEF GARRETT

Amusing anecdotes in Kate Bush folklore #1:

Did I ever tell you guys that I have on video tape a children's music
show from Australia called "King Of Pop" where the special guests are
Leif Garrett and Kate Bush?  They sit right next to each other while the
stupid host says stupid things and asks stupid questions.  It's a
classic.  Kate also performs her dance for "Hammer Horror", perhaps the
most twisted and erotic dance ever broadcast unscrambled over the public
airwaves, in front of all these 13 year old kids -- probably
traumatizing them for life, and guaranteeing that they have grown up to
be bizarre adults, like me.

> Doug, I liked the Partridge Family mainly for the absurdity of it all
> they projected.

Hmmm.  I didn't have the Partridge Family in my list.....  but I should
have.

				"I don't want to work,
				 Just want to bang on my drum all day"

				 Doug