Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Net.music.flame

From: Tim Wicinski <wicinski@nrl-css.arpa>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 85 11:42:36 est
Subject: Re: Net.music.flame

>From:     Susanne E Trowbridge <ins_aset@jhunix>
>Subject:  net.music flame

>I, for one, am getting *very* fed up with all the anti-KB stuff on
>net.music.  Honestly, I don't think that there have been that many
>postings by her fans lately...however, people like Todd Jones and
>others have been using Kate as the butt of their stupid attempts at
>humor.  Therefore, it looks as if Kate really does dominate the net.
>Why don't these people just post articles about the music that inte-
>rests them, instead of making fun of Kate?

I for one, know the answer to that one. Remember, I like KB too, and
I'm saying this in a constructive way.  The problem lies in all of
the pro-Kate stuff that circulates the net.  Once it started, the
anti-Kate articles are bound to start.  I think if everyone lays
off posting Kate Articles (THIS MEANS YOU DOUG), things would simmer
down and go away. In three months it would all be forgotten.  People
want something to bitch about, and Doug up there is giving it to them.
I'm not trying to put you down Doug, cause you have better things to
talk about than I do, but you need to learn how to ignore the
assholes scumbag vultures waiting for you to say something so they
may pounce all over it.

I have been reading net.music for over 3 years now. I remember way back
when I pulled the same thing. I just stopped posting, the fools
forgot what they were complaining about, and shut up. (I had the sad
misfortune of telling these people over 2 years ago that Bruce, our
Boss, should take lessons on being an american from Bob Mould of Husker
Du. I caught some shit for that).

Anyway, the moral is: Go into hiding, let them shut up and stop
complaining, and return once again to show how the Bushian exploits
will once again save mankind....If you have problems with that, well
then you can deal with net.music then....

Like I said, I am not pointing fingers ("just the facts ma'am").

tim

ps - i liked Todd Jones little spiel - it was sacastic w/out being
an attack against Kate. I think it was anti-doug (though you liked
it too...)