Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: JD et al

From: harvard!topaz!jerpc.PE.UUCP
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 85 18:59:04 est
Subject: Re: JD et al

> That's why I have to go out for air every once in a while when I'm
> in a club!)  someone please put my mind at ease!!

Here in Florida, we have a new law to discourage smoking in public places...
unfortunately, many public places are simply circumventing it: the law says
you can't smoke anywhere it doesn't say "smoking permitted," so they just
put up signs that say "we don't have a no smoking section" or words to
that effect... since nobody at the SDC smokes, we have decided to boycot
all restaurants for lunch which have such signs.

> JOY DIVISION ONE OF THE WORST GROUPS OF ALL TIME?????
> AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!!!  JD were *brilliant*!!!

Well, you'll notice I listed some of those groups for reasons other than
music alone... I like Rod Stewart's *voice* just fine, I just don't like
some of his more popular songs' underlying philosophies.

> 3) Bryan Adams/Corey Hart/Bon Jovi/etc. (all interchangeable power poppers)

What are they?  Are they the same groups that inspired the article "Power
Chords and Wimpolitic" in Versus awhile back?

> "I'm gonna walk thru' Sodom with a boy on my arm"

I'll bet Joy Division said that, huh?  It doesn't have quite the same
meaning when you say it... if you'd of done it, maybe they wouldn't
be underwater now.  (Reread the story.)