Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush, Future Lung Cancer Victim

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 85 13:13:07 edt
Subject: Kate Bush, Future Lung Cancer Victim

> From:     Susanne E Trowbridge <ins_aset@jhunix>

> A fellow KB fan told me that Kate is a SMOKER, and that she said, "I smoke
> and I enjoy it"!!!!!  Can't smoking ruin your voice?

Maybe this is why KB sings so much lower now?  :-)

> This can't be true, can it?

Uh, well, uh....

> Besides, she's a vegetarian and I would assume that she is more
> concerned with her health than that.

One would think so, but she's a vegetarian mostly for moral reasons --
not health reasons.

> (I *HATE* cigarette smoke - makes me sick!!  That's why I have to go
> out for air every once in a while when I'm in a club!)

Me too!

> someone please put my mind at ease!!

Take two valium and call me in the morning.

Kate says:

	I think that people smoking is one of those tiny things that
	says a lot about human beings. I mean, I smoke and I enjoy it,
	but we smoke and we know it is dangerous.  Maybe there's some
	kind of strange subconcious desire to damage ourselves.  It
	would seem so if you looked back through history, wouldn't it?

I was actually pretty upset when I found out.  About six months ago I
sent off a letter to Kate Bush and said "I'm willing to make a deal
with you.  I'll become a vegetarian if you give up smoking!"  I meant it
too.  I also told her my room-mate's mother had just died of lung cancer
from smoking.  I never got an answer, though.

I was pretty surprized, then, when I found out Kate's new single was
called "A Deal With God".  And later, when I found out it was about
exchanging places!  Synchronicity abound!

Someone I know seems pretty obsessed and he says in his worst nightmares
he dreams of Kate Bush smoking.  In mine I dream of going to a record
store and finding five new Kate Bush albums I'd never heard of before!
Then I realize it's only a dream....  :-( Or of Kate Bush having
children (like she hints she will do in "Jig Of Life") and giving up her
recording career (like Patti Smith -- like Kate Bush once said she would
if she ever had children).

> JOY DIVISION ONE OF THE WORST GROUPS OF ALL TIME?????
> AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!!!  JD were *brilliant*!!!

I agree!  And RENALDO AND THE LOAF ONE OF THE WORST GROUPS OF ALL
TIME?????  AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That's
ridiculous!!!!  Renaldo and the Loaf are great!

				"I wake up crying"

				 Doug