Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re:

From: harvard!topaz!jerpc.PE.UUCP
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 85 20:23:45 edt
Subject: Re:

> * One wall of her dance room is covered in mirrors, the other features a huge,
> gruesome painting of a baby doll, its head cracked open, half-submerged in a
> pool of water.

Isn't this a famous painting?  I think I have seen it before
(maybe in an art class or something, I don't know) but don't
know anything about it... anybody know who it's by?

> odd, since we have the complete works of Leonard Nimoy!

I have one of those... the one that has the song that starts off
"From the land of endless night come I, an alien from afar.
Spewn forth upon your pleasant sphere, so much like you, and
yet, so unalike," and which has one of those typical
nuclear-disaster-in-the-future stories on it.  Were there any
others by him?

-------

Today's music-trivia question... there is presently a popular
video on MTV, by a group whose name I think is A-Ha, or
something like that, consisting of a mixture of animated pencil
drawings and photographic images corresponding to them,  of a
woman who is drawn into a magazine by a hand that emerges from
it, where she encounters a friendly male-type person and a
hostile motorcyclist.

What movie is the ending of this video taken from?

[This question had been puzzling me for a couple of days, and
the answer only finally occurred to me during lunch today.]

			"Help this black bard."

				-- jer