Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Vermorel, Radio stations, etc.

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 85 16:20:26 edt
Subject: Vermorel, Radio stations, etc.

> Are those two articles by Fred Vermorel published in Break Through?

No, they aren't.  Break-Through wouldn't print anything by Vermorel.
Most fanatical Kate Bush fans hate Vermorel.  Vermorel has said that he
thinks that he has been made the devil in the religion that Kate Bush
fans have erected.  Of course he helped to erect this religion....

Also, they are not articles.  "Kate Bush: Princess of Suburbia" is a
one-shot magazine and "The Secret History of Kate Bush" is a book.

> Was that a reasonable example of the entire article?

It was a reasonable example of the book.  He spends a lot of time
talking about image.  He must believe in Jungian archetypes, or
something, because he spends a lot of time tracing Kate's bloodline and
in telling the history and image of the name "Kate", etc.  But nowhere
does he give a biography of Kate's life.  He did that in "Princess of
Suburbia", but like I said before, that can't be taken seriously -- it's
a parody of a scandal sheet at Kate's expense....

> Doug, did the rumour about Dale Sommerville becoming disillusioned
> after meeting KB give any clue as to why?

Well this probably isn't the most appropriate place to discuss such
things.  It is said that Dale can be quite pushy and that the record
company and Kate's family, etc. didn't appreciate this.

> Should I call 'em up and say "hey, thanks for the KB, play some
> more!"?  Do they bother to listen to caller's opinions?  I mean, are
> there even real people there?

Can't hurt.  Before RUTH, I'd never heard a KB song on the radio unless
I'd requested it.  WFNX in Lynn, MA, never turned down a KB request.  I
called on KB's birthday, and the DJ corrected me about the date of
Kate's birth (I was one day off)!  She then on the air gave a long talk
about how Kate Bush and Emily Bronte were born on the same day and how
"Wuthering Heights" was one of her very favorite novels and how the song
was one of her very favorite songs.  Then she played it.

			"Out on the wiley, windy moors"

			 Doug