Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

random text

From: PSI@MIT-OZ
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1985 20:04 EDT
Subject: random text

 I agree with James J. Lippard:

>"Deep.  Deep.  Somewhere in the darkness, give her your light.":  I
>disagree with the last part of this translation.  I hear "gibt es ein
>Licht", which means "there is a light".

 I also hear the first two words as "Tiefer, tiefer," which means "Deeper,
 deeper."  And at the end, "gibt es ein Licht."  The whole segment with
 the submarine sonar pings brings to mind the image of moving deeper into
 a thick darkness to a distant light, which is also reflected in this
 translation.

 Also, could someone please CLUe me in on the meaning of 'SO?'  What's
 it supposed to mean, anyway? Sex Object?

			Tenex,
				***PSI*** (psi@oz; ...!eddie!mankoski)

 "Goodbye artificial Universe," he said; "hello real one!"