Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Comments and Questions

From: allegra!ihnp4!ptsfa!bdp
Date: 16 Oct 85 21:34:40 CDT (Wed)
Subject: Comments and Questions

Comments on various stuff, and questions....

--  > Nobody else I have talked to has gotten the meaning of "Jig Of Life"
    > even close to right, so I am starting to feel very arrogant and
    > conceited.  Gee, I just must be the world's greatest KB lyric analyzer.
    >
    > Prove me wrong!  Cut me down to size.                  [Doug]

    Well, OK, even though you already gave away the answer....  not only did
    my interpretation of the lyrics agree with the one you posted (vision of
    KB as an old lady trys to convince her to stay alive), I also came up
    with that explanation the very first time I read the lyrics.

--  Regarding the use of the mule in "Get Out Of My House": I always thought
    that KB used the mule not because it is supposed to be sexless, but for
    its legendary stubborness.  She first turns into a bird, to try and fly
    away from (i.e. escape) the man's words; he turns into the wind and
    follows her.  Finding she can't escape, she turns into a mule; she will
    listen, but stubbornly resist letting his words affect her.  The mental
    pictures I get while listening to these lines also fit this: one, of
    someone leaning forward into a strong wind ("I face towards the wind"),
    the other a classic pose of a mule leaning forward but refusing to move
    as someone pulls on his bridle.

--  I know that the "K.T. logo" is supposed to be hidden somewhere on each
    of KB's album covers, but, I have yet to find one of these hidden logos,
    since I don't know exactly what I'm looking for!  Would someone in the
    know care to elaborate and/or give some hints....

--  Does anyone know of any places, either mail-order or located in the San
    Francisco Bay Area, where I could find "Kate Bush-- The Single File,
    1978-1983" (boxed collection of KB singles), or either of the KB video
    tapes?

Barbara Petersen