Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: umcp-cs!aplcen!uucp@seismo.CSS.GOV
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 85 07:06:15 EDT

>From ins_aset@jhunix Mon Oct 14 16:33:26 1985 remote from jhunix
Date:     Mon, 14 Oct 85 16:33:15 EDT
From:     Susanne E Trowbridge <ins_aset@jhunix>
Subject:  Kate Facts

One of my British pen pals sent me some KB articles from the magazines
"Smash Hits" and "Record Mirror."  Here are some KB facts that were new
to me...

* "Wow" was about a failed homosexual actor and a starlet who sleeps her
way to the top.
* Kate collects earrings.
* Kate has received several proposals of marriage from fans, but she always
writes kind, but firm, letters back.  (Does KB in fact have an SO - sig-
nificant other?  Anyone heard anything about her love life?  Just curious.)
* One fan offered to skin himself and roll in salt in exchange for a gift
from her.
* Kate can't write songs unless she's done all the dirty dishes in the sink
and cleaned up her house - she likes doing her own housework!
* Kate has been offered roles in a couple of vampire films.
* She's a chocolate addict - see, KB and I have something in common!
* One wall of her dance room is covered in mirrors, the other features a huge,
gruesome painting of a baby doll, its head cracked open, half-submerged in a
pool of water.
* "Army Dreamers" is Kate's favorite of her videos.
* Kate doesn't listen to contemporary music - she didn't know who Madonna
was until Live Aid.

A query: I had never heard of Roy Harper until he was mentioned on the net.
However, the song "Another Day" on This Mortal Coil's lp is so beautiful, I
would like to know more about him, i.e., what sort of music does he do, what
LPs are recommended.  For some reason, my radio station doesn't have any of
his records...odd, since we have the complete works of Leonard Nimoy!

					-Sue