Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A Strange Dream ....

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 85 08:52:12 edt
Subject: Re: A Strange Dream ....

> From: Henry Chai

> Today after listening to HoL I dozed off, and found that I was watching
> a new video from Kate -- a new song!

Darn, I wish I could make up KB music in my dreams...

> At first there's this train coming out from a tunnel....

> But I know why I dreamt of the train -- after Doug explained about
> "Orgone", everything in "Cloudbusting" made sense, except the very end
> where you sort of hear a train stopping and a whistle being blown.

Do you often dream of trains when you're alone?  Do you ride on them
into another zone?

My father, who was a Freudian psychiatrist, would have had a different
explanation for your dream....

> Is there something you're not telling us, Doug?

I dunno.  I've only read one chapter of "A Book of Dreams".  The way I
found out about this is I know someone who is both a fan of Wilhelm
Reich and Kate Bush.  He actually went to cloudbusting sessions and
stuff, so he recognized that the song was based on Peter Reich's "A Book
of Dreams" right away.  He mailed me a xerox of a relevant chapter of
the book.

			I often dream of Organon when I'm alone

			Doug