Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KB, SO's, etc...

From: Kevin Carosso <engvax!KVC@cit-vax.ARPA>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 85 12:51:48 PDT
Subject: KB, SO's, etc...

Boy, I sure hate to be the data point that doesn't fit the curve, but my SO,
bless her little heart, LIKES Kate.  In fact, she even likes "The Dreaming"
(and she better!  I bought it for her as a birthday present a couple'a
 years ago...)  She said she's gonna go buy HoL, but if she doesn't,
Christmas is coming up...   Of course she's not a fanatic like me, and
probably doesn't realize quite how attached I am to KB's music.  She is,
in fact, also a chemist (at Bell Labs).

I introduced an old flame (years ago) to Kate Bush and she loved it!
In fact, she told ME how great "Never Forever" was before I even brought
up the subject.  This was back before "The Dreaming" ever existed.  (Any
other old-time KB fans out there?  I've loved her ever since "Wuthering
Heights" came out.  I still think "The Dreaming" is the best album ever
produced even though (by Doug's standard) I did things "backwards".  HoL
is getting better with each listen (I'm gonna find out if you CAN wear
out a CD at this rate) and is closing in on TD, though it won't surpass
it.)

Anyone else catch the concert on Night Flight on Saturday?  It was great!
I made an event of it and put on a KB party.  As far as I could tell the
neophytes present enjoyed it.

Now for an appeal...  Is there anyone out there who has a collection of
KB stuff that is NOT on any of her albums that would be willing to make
a cassette for me?  I've tried unsuccessfully to find her singles, and
wouldn't be able to play them anyway since I don't have a turn-table...
I'll pay most anything within reason for tapes, time, trouble, etc...
A pointer to another source gratefully accepted as well...

	/Kevin                 engvax!kvc @ CIT-VAX.ARPA
			{allegra|ihnp4|seismo}!scgvaxd!engvax!kvc