Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

All the Love: Answering Machine

From: harvard!jerpc.PE!topaz!jer (Eric Roskos @ Home)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 85 01:12:28 edt
Subject: All the Love: Answering Machine

Here's 2 things I've thought of about this song.

1) I don't believe the story, once I thought awhile, about her
answering machine deleting all but the "goodbyes" off of the
tape... how could it do that?  It would have to sort of have a
delay in starting up recording.  Now, if it deleted all but the
"hello"s, that would make more sense.

2) But here's (2) real puzzles:

   a) The "goodbyes" go:
	Take care, toodle loo.
	Good morning.

      What is the word where the ???'s are?

   b) I am fairly sure that the voice that says "wake up, luv"
      at the start of "Waking the Witch" is also one of the
      voices in the "goodbyes".

					-- jer