Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Pull Out The Pin

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 85 04:16:20 edt
Subject: Re: Pull Out The Pin

> From Eric:

> That makes more sense, now!  I had not thought of the Vietnam
> War (there are some things you just try to forget, I guess), and
> was thinking in terms of contemporary events: Moslem terrorist
> types, in particular.

For me, "Pull Out The Pin" was the only song on the album I understood
the first time I heard it.  It hit me really powerfully.  With the
helicopter and the jungle noises and the "I love life" -- Bam! -- it was
like I was sat right in the lap of Apocalypse Now.

			"Just one thing in it, me or him"

			 Doug