Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: LOVE-HOUNDS {aspires to} GO[ES] FANZINE!!!!!

From: harvard!topaz!jerpc.PE.UUCP
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 85 02:04:10 edt
Subject: Re: LOVE-HOUNDS {aspires to} GO[ES] FANZINE!!!!!

> Doug and I had a chat last night, and I think we'd like to do
> it - so I need to ask you-all - what do you think of select
> bits of love-hounds being used in a kb/music/art fanzine???
> I'll need permission from everyone to use your words in the zine,
> so it would be nice if everyone who thought it was a good idea
> could either mail to me or to the mailing-list -

I think it's a good idea!  As long as one gets to see what the
"select bits" are before they go out... [I think back on some
articles I have written for computer magazines... some, e.g. PC
Tech Journal, don't let you see before they publish them...
leading to embarassing things, such as when they once wrote an
embarassing drug-related metaphor as the title to an article...
thus I feel strongly about seeing what's being published.]

As for mailing to you... well, that doesn't work, you know...
your system comes second only to HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS (what does
that name mean, anyhow) in terms of difficulty of mailing to...
at least theirs TELLS you when it doesn't deliver the mail...
Which is why I am posting this to "the list" instead.*

So, I think you-all should arrange a better mailing address...
but I think the "fanzine" is a good idea.  Just so you don't
publish a lot of photos of the back of Kate Bush's head, the way
this Yes fanzine I subscribed to does... :-)

					-- jer

*Or, I am in a forgiving mood this evening.