Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS and mail

From: "James J. Lippard" <Lippard@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 85 00:23 MST
Subject: HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS and mail

> From:  harvard!topaz!jerpc.PE.UUCP at MIT-EDDIE
> As for mailing to you... well, that doesn't work, you know...
> your system comes second only to HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS (what does
> that name mean, anyhow) in terms of difficulty of mailing to...
> at least theirs TELLS you when it doesn't deliver the mail...
> Which is why I am posting this to "the list" instead.

The mail don't go from here to dere, either... I've tried five or six
different paths, too.  The site "topaz" doesn't seem to know about any
"jerpc" or "jerpc.PE.UUCP".

HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS: HIS is an abbreviation for Honeywell Information Systems,
Phoenix is the city this system is in, and Multics is the name of the
operating system.  It's not on the Arpanet, so mail to it has to be sent
through CISL-SERVICE-MULTICS, HI-MULTICS, or MIT-MULTICS.  You can get mail to
me by sending to Lippard at CISL-SERVICE-MULTICS or Lippard at MIT-MULTICS.

Jim