Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: vax135!petsd!peora!root@UCB-VAX.Berkeley.EDU
Date: Wednesday, 2 Oct 1985 14:07-EDT

From: jerpc.PE.UUCP
Subject: Re:  1st time

> 	** Flame **
>
> 	I've heard enough of this demonic sound mumbo jumbo. Every
> end-of-flame
> 							Sami

Well, Sam I, you sure stuck your elbow in your ear with this
one, didn't you!  Besides which, you used the Mark Horton
Enhanced Mystery Path address to send your message to me, so
only the CC: to love-hounds got here.

Anybody who has read my music reviews and commentaries over the
years knows I don't listen to ordinary, conventional music.
Why, one of my favorite songs is "the ancient", which uses the
same SORT of sounds as Kate Bush.

No, my statement is based specifically on the fact that,
listening to the music objectively, I feel there are definite
parallels between certain of the sounds on "The Dreaming" and
the general style of "haunted house" music.  That is all.  It
has nothing to do with my believing that Kate Bush's music is
the dwillis' work, or anything like that... if I thought that, I
wouldn't listen to her any more.

	"Oh, it was OK... but there was no clowns, or lions,
	 or tigers, no bears; no candyfloss, toffee apples...
	 No Clowns."