Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Re: re: ball of confusion

From: harvard!topaz!jerpc.PE.UUCP
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 85 04:12:42 edt
Subject: Re: Re: re: ball of confusion

> On 1 March 80, Faith Brown, a British comedian with her own television
> show and infamous for doing Kate Bush parodies (along with Pamela
> Stevenson, who is now on SNL), did a parody of Kate Bush doing an
> interview and then she did a parody of Kate doing a cover of "Three
> Little Fishes".  I've never heard of this song before.  Why is it
> appropriate for a parody of Kate Bush?

Well, someone who didn't like Kate Bush's diction, or her tendency some-
times to sing/talk like a very young girl (e.g., "All my words fade;
What am I gonna say? Mustn't give the game away," etc.), would find it
an appropriate song, because the entire "Three Little Fishes" song was
in a sort of lispy "baby talk"; again I only remember the last line,
which went

	And they fam, and they fam
	All over de dam!