Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Original RUTH video "not suitable for American market"? Hah!

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 85 23:25:07 edt
Subject: Original RUTH video "not suitable for American market"? Hah!

About a week ago I saw Kate's original video for RUTH on V66 , a
Massachusetts music video chanel that is only slightly better than MTV,
at about three in the morning.

The next day I called up their "V line" to request the video, and the
guy there said "Where did you see that?"  I said "On your channel!" and
he replied "Oh."  In any case, now, one week later, it is the most played
video on V66!  It seems that EMI-America doesn't seem to have a very
good sense of what is "suitable for the American market"!

				-Doug