Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Re: ball of confusion

From: harvard!topaz!jerpc.PE.UUCP
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 85 20:01:55 edt
Subject: Re: Re: ball of confusion

> and the band played on
>  ^   ^   ^     ^    ^
>  1   2  3      4    5
>
> WHO ARE THESE GUYS ??????

My question exactly... is "Ball of Confusion" the name of a group, or what?
"And the Band Played On" is the name of a popular song from the late 50s or
early 60s... I can't remember much of the words now, but it was a song about
"the girl with the strawberry curl," and this guy in the song had a problem
with his "head", which was "loaded".  It is a good thing it wasn't written
by the Byrds, or they would have made a major sociopolitical issue over it...
banned it from the radio... etc... as it was, I can remember singing it
back when I was 5yr old or so.