Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: net.music.love-hounds

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 85 09:21:20 edt
Subject: Re: net.music.love-hounds

> [From Val:]

> Personally, I'd favour a newsgroup.  The problem with this is that I
> get all the letters in mixed-up orders, i.e. I get replies before I
> get what they're replying to, which tends to drive me pretty batty at
> times.

If this is a problem, you can ask to receive Love-Hounds as a daily
auto-digest.  I support both a digest and individual messages.  With the
digest, you are much more likely to receive everything in the proper
order.  Of course, with the digest, there is up to a 24 hour delay from
when an article is submited to when you receive it.  However, this
problem is even more pronounced with a newsgroup.

In any case, all three forms can be supported at once: individual
messages through mail, daily auto-digest, and newsgroup.

> I think we've easily got the volume for a newsgroup, even if Doug is
> generating 80% of it <grin> - why don't we take our claim to
> net.news.group?

I asked about it there and someone sent me a letter saying to wait a few
more weeks and see if the mailing list is still thriving.  So it's up
to you guys to make sure that it continues to do so.  Keep the mail on
music, etc., coming!

				"I got your letter
				 Thanks, a lot"

				 Doug