Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RUTH poster

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 85 04:22:59 edt
Subject: RUTH poster

EMI in England made up these huge 3+ foot by 5 foot posters to promote
"Running Up That Hill" and plastered them all over London.  They are
very very nice and show Kate dancing in a gray dress and grey shirt with
a male dancer.  Her arms are spread out and arched back as if they are
wings, and Kate's back is arched as if she is flying.  The male dancer
is behind her and is holding on to Kate as if he is being pulled along
on the flight.

If you collect such things, you should probably start looking for the
poster now, as they will probably be very difficult to find in the near
future (the original promo poster for "The Kick Inside" sells for up to
$200 now!).  I picked up a couple of them at Rockit Records in Saugus,
MA, for $12 each, but got their last one.  I know a mail order place
that carries them, but they charge $25 (plus postage)!  If you want, I
can give you their address.

				-Doug