Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: net.music.love-hounds?

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 85 05:03:33 edt
Subject: Re: net.music.love-hounds?

> From: Jordan Hayes <jordan%ucbarpa@Berkeley>

> I thought this was to avoid a net.music.love-hounds ... net.* takes
> too long to propogate. I like this idea of a list as opposed to a
> group!

> Comments?

Actually the list was created because some people were sick of hearing
about KB in net.music, and I don't know any of the politics for creating
newsgroups.  Someone told me if the bandwidth stays at where it is for
another few weeks, then it would be a good claim to a newsgroup.

For those who need their KB info quickly, I would still maintain the
mailling list.  Articles could easily be routed in both directions.
Actually, the mailing list seems to be working pretty well, but it's
often nice to get some outside input too.  The biggest problem with
newsgroups is that articles tend to just vanish without a trace.

			-Doug