Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Returned mail: Host unknown

From: MAILER-DAEMON@bbnccv (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 85 15:29:25 EDT
Subject: Returned mail: Host unknown

550 <nessus%mit-eddie.MIT.EDU@bbnccv.arpa>... Host unknown

   ----- Unsent message follows -----
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 85 15:29:25 EDT
From: Laura Frank Clifford <lcliffor@bbnccm.ARPA>
Subject: Re: Kate Bush becoming popular in U.S.?

Doug,

I know what you mean about feeling 'non-elite' - I guess it's a natural
reaction to keep something good all to yourself even though you really
want the best for the artist - to be appreciated by as many people as
possible.  I've been slowly promoting Kate to friends for five years now
as my favorite musical artist.  But just think of all the "collectibles"
you've gathered over the years! (Kate's "Kick Inside" as a 'best buy' album??)
One thing's for pretty sure - I doubt anyone would have to worry that
Kate will "sell out" if she becomes popular in the U.S.  The rest of the
world's adoration didn't adversely affect her music.

Do you happen to know if Newbury Comics will have "Love Hounds" on the day
of release (already marked and scratched out several times on my calendar
as the date keeps getting slipped)?  I've been planning a trip to Newbury
Comics for 9/13 for a month now...

Laura Clifford