Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on Nick Drake Tribute Album .......?

From: "Twomey" <twomey@clubi.ie>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 02:09:07 -0000
Subject: Kate on Nick Drake Tribute Album .......?
To: <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Hi All ,
I really hope that this gets to the list ...I can't seem to subscribe again
from my new address or post to the newsgroup .

Here's something from the homepage for Nick Drake : The Nick Drake Files ;

>Tribute record
>A new Nick Drake tribute record will very likely be released at the
beginning of 1998, produced by Maestro >Joe Boyd himself! I don't know much
more yet, but I know that Mark Lanegan, the singer of Screaming >Trees, has
recorded Clotthes Of Sand for this record, and according to co-producer
Kate St John, other >invited artists include Kate Bush, Brian Kennedy, Paul
Buchanan and ("maybe") Paul Weller. Please >send me e-mail if you have more
info.

As you probably know , Kate has worked with Joe Boyd (Nick's producer and
friend) when she collaborated with the Trio Bulgarka (she even went to
Downing Street with Joe for lunch with John Major on one occasion )

That's all my Kate news for now .
Sean :-)