Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: SWEET REVENGE

From: Don <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 00:25:03 -0800
Subject: Re: SWEET REVENGE
To: lilitu@cjnetworks.com, redramgrl@aol.com
Cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 9:45 AM -0800 11-15-97, Renee Rosen wrote:
>I won't get into the ethics of posting private email here, since I
>don't know if you had permission or not, but I'm pretty sure he was
>being saracastic in that post.

Sarcastic? No.

I was simply parodying the absurd posts about the meanings of various
songs, and the comical over-reaction of many of the list/digest/newsgroup
readers to interpretations they don't share.

I think most people got it, but RedRamGrl clearly--in her words--made me
the fool and put me in my place.

Who's smirking now, RedRamGrl?

>On 14 Nov 97 at 22:55, RedRamGrl@aol.com wrote:
>
>> As you can clearly see Don, the book and the movie did NOT come from
>> the Kate Bush song.  Her song came from the book.  Considering the
>> fact that they share the same birthday, we can see the influence.
>
>I thought she was influenced by one of the earlier movies of WH and
>not the book itself. In fact, according to the FAQ:
>
>Kate's first hit and (until now) only British number one single is
>based on Emily Bronte's novel of the same name,
>     though Kate first saw the old film of it and later read the book.

How can this be? Kate Bush's song predates the movie AND the book.

Someone better do something about that FAQ...and don't leave it to the
Digest People--we all know about THEM!

- Don