Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

SWEET REVENGE

From: RedRamGrl@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 22:55:25 -0500 (EST)
Subject: SWEET REVENGE
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi everyone!

The time has come!  Don will finally be put in his place!  I am an advocate
of peace like Ronald, but I can't stand how Don jumps on everyone and tries
to make us all feel like we are stupid.  Well, today it is my turn to make
him the fool.

I know most of you are familiar with the book written by Emily Bronte,
"Wuthering Heights."  I also know not everyone has a degree in English
Literature, like I do.  Many high schools, especially here in the United
States, list "Wuthering Heights" as required reading material for 11th or 12
grade English classes.

Let's do a timeline shall we?

July 30, 1818 Emily Bronte is born.

1847 "Wuthering Heights" is published for the first time.

December 19, 1849 Emily Bronte dies.

1939 the first "Wuthering Heights" movie staring Merle Oberon and Laurence
Oliver

October 30, 1950 Live TV movie of "Wuthering Heights" staring Charlton Heston

1953 "Wuthering Heights" in Spanish is made.

1970 "Wuthering Heights" staring Timothy Dalton.

1978 "Wuthering Heights' THE SONG BY KATE BUSH

1992 "Wuthering Heights" staring Ralph Fines and Juliet Binoche.

As you can clearly see Don, the book and the movie did NOT come from the Kate
Bush song.  Her song came from the book.  Considering the fact that they
share the same birthday, we can see the influence.

Kate uses literature for the basis of many songs.  "The Sensual World" song
is a piece by James Joyce almost word for word.  I have seen somewhere that
"Cloudbursting" is taken from a story as well, but I can't think of the
source at this moment.  [Not wishing to get involved in the
Song/Homosexuality debate :-)]

This time Don I am afraid you are SADLY mistaken.  You need to think before
you speak.  You are not the Kate Bush expert you would like us all to think
you are.  And as for me not getting the digest one post at a time;  I do not
feel it necessary to attack everyone the way you do.  How does the egg on
your face feel?  Wisen up smart ass!

Good night to you all!
I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. <smirk>

Krista